DID YOU KNOW…90% of people with Down syndrome and 80% of people with autism never experience the thrill of independently riding a two-wheel bicycle during their lifetime?
LET'S DEFY THESE ODDS!
The Treasure Valley iCan Bike Camp will be held June 15-19th at the Homecourt YMCA in Meridian, Idaho. Volunteer today to be a spotter and help individuals with disabilities learn how to ride a conventional bike using a specialized instructional program.
APPLICATIONS DUE MONDAY, JUNE 1st
We need to place the t-shirt order for camp
- Recommended 16 years of age or older
- Physically fit, that you can jog moderate pace or walk fast for one hour with short breaks
- Able to support bike and rider in the event of a fall
- Available June 15-19th for the same 90 min session each day (5 sessions to choose from)
- Be available for orientation on Sunday, June 14th from 4:00pm-5:00pm
- Community Service hours for college or work resumes
- Chance to work with wonderful individuals and help them achieve riding a 2-wheeled bike independently
- Help build rider's confidence and self-esteem
- Build new, long lasting friendships