2015 Run & Walk for Autism Awareness
- 9:00 a.m. Kid’s Course
- 9:15 a.m. 5k Run/Walk (Timed)
- 9:30 a.m. 2.5 Mile Family Stroll
5K Run/Walk and Family Stroll routes begin in Veteran’s Park continues onto the greenbelt and finish back in Veteran’s Park. The 5K Run/Walk will be the only timed race. Kids’ course will follow walk path around the amphitheater at Veteran’s Park and will take place before the 5K and Family stroll.
Funds raised at this event will be used to provide new information and education to parents, professionals and agencies that serve individuals with autism & their families
- Everyone participating in the Run this year needs to sign the waiver. Please print and bring your signed copies to one of the t-shirt pick up sites (see information below at #3). Click here for the waiver.
- This year, Run parking is available at the Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) in the NW portion of their parking lot at 3311 W State Street.
- Shuttle vans will transport participants between ITD and the Run registration area at Veteran’s Park. Volunteers will be on-site at ITD to assist you.
3. T-SHIRT PICK-UP:
- They are strongly encouraging participants to pick-up your Run shirts on Thursday April 23 or Friday April 24 BEFORE the Run.
- Thursday t-shirt pick-up will be at Shu’s Idaho Running Company from 11am to 1pm, and 4pm to 6pm.
- Friday t-shirt pick-up will be at St. Luke’s Meridian Medical Center in the northeast corner of their parking lot (near Meadowlake - look for the canopies) from 11am to 1pm, and 4pm to 6pm.
4. CAUTION ON THE GREENBELT:
- Notice has been given by Park & Rec that there is construction on the Greenbelt next to Boise Cascade Lake. Unfortunately that means the Run and Family Stroll routes will have to be combined. Race organizers are asking all walkers to keep to the right of the path to avoid runners returning to the finish line. For Run and Stroll routes, click on the map.
- Your registration includes one general raffle ticket. Additional raffle tickets may be purchased at the t-shirt pick-ups, or on the day of the Run.
- This year the general raffle is packed full of great stuff thanks to the generosity of local businesses. There are family passes, gift certificates, stadium seats, a women's cruiser bike, and more! Raffle pricing:
- General raffle is $1 per ticket, or $5 for 6 tickets
- iPad Mini raffle is $5 per ticket or $20 for 5 tickets
- Disney Park-Hopper Pass ($640 value!) raffle is $20 per ticket or $100 for 6 tickets.
- Cash or credit only – NO checks please.
- Must be present at the 10:30am raffle announcements to win.
6. Online registration CLOSES AT MIDNIGHT Wednesday, April 22nd. Be sure to tell your friends, family, & co-workers to register right away! Click here to register
We look forward to seeing you at the Run For Autism!