Autism Speaks announced that this year 685 iPad Airs will be awarded to financially disadvantaged individuals with autism. The application is now open!
Eligible applicants are individuals who:
- Have been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder by a licensed professional
- Reside in the United States
- Have limited income and cannot afford to purchase an iPad
The timeline is below:
- November 7: Online application opens at 6:00AM EST
- November 11: Application closes at 11:59PM EST
- November 15 - December 9: Review committee selects recipients
- December 15: Recipients announced and iPads sent out!
Applications must be submitted by the person with autism, an immediate family member of the person with autism, or a licensed teacher, social worker or therapist. The Technology Grant Review Committee will review applications and select the iPad award recipients. All applicants selected to receive an iPad Air will be contacted on December 15. If selected, the iPad will be shipped via UPS directly to the address provided with the application. Others will receive an email informing them of their status.
You must create a login and further instructions will be provided.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (888) 288-4762. Please note that they cannot accept applications from outside the United States.
*This year’s iPad program was generously funded by the proceeds from GameStop’s April in-store donation campaign.*